Vocabulary and Structure词汇
Vocabulary and Structure
1. As computer systems become even more sophisthisyicated, so too do the methods of those who exploit the technology.
2. I was annoyed by my feriend who came late for our appointment but did not bother to ask how long I had been waiting.
3. Some personsenjoy enjoy fishing simply for fun.
4. In space, astronauts and equipment need many forms of protection.
5. He said that the medicine the doctor gave him brought relief to his headache.
6. Living things can sense and respond to changes in their surroundings.
7. Minimum wage is the smallest amount of money per hour that an emlioyer may legally pay a worker.
8. Sometimes,artists paint primarily for their own their own enjoyment or self-expression,choosing their own subjects.
9. Kathy hopes to become a friend of whoever shares her bitterness and happiness.
10. Mary had taken pains to see that her guests had everything they could possibly want.
11. Most people in the business world were told,when they began their careers, not to let their resume exceed one page.
12. The coat I’m wearing now cost about twice the price of that one hung over there.
13. But for the flood, the ship would have reached its destination on time.
14. Without the sun’s light warming the earth’s surface,nolife could exist on the earth.
15. Radios today seldom need repairing or the attention of a technician.
16. It is a great pity for there to be any quarrel in the school board meeting.
17. Magicians cleverlyuse techniques from science and the arts to deceive the mind and sye.
18. Sociologists have longrecognized that social tensions are normal elements of group life.
19. In the National Zoo we can find a variety of animals that range from large beasts to small birds.
20. To get the best view of Sydney Harbour, take a SydneySeaplane flight over the Harbout and Bondi Beach.
Vocabulary and Structure
1. Chocolate manufacturers blend many types of beans to yield the flavor and color desired in final product.
2. Every plant,animal,and human being needs water to stay alive.
3. It is becoming commonplace to think of sport as a “leisure industry” now.
4. Changes in climate take place slowly through the years.
5. Scientiste can predict regions where new species are most likely to be found.
6. You should use plain and natural language when you write a personal letter.
7. To speed up your entry,please bring your AdmissionCard with you.
8. More heavy rains happen in summer than any other time of the year.
9. A series of attempts having been made, he came to a successful solution of the problem.
10. Manufacturing is this country’s most important economic activity, engaging 17 percent of the workforce.
11. They say the satellite is probably worth more than U.S ＄30,000.
12. Scarcely han he uttered those words when suddenly the monster was transformed into a very handsome youth.
13. Her remarkr left me wondering how she could have changed so suddenly.
14. Susan will come to watch him play at the state stadium this week.
15. Children don’t necessarily understang what they are reciting, but gradually it will have an impact on their thing.
16. The museum’s new building will have three times the wxhibition space as before.
17. When you are in your room,don’t leave the door open so that thieves will not have a chance to come in.
18. The newly released novel was such as to arouse so much sensation among the young people.
19. Today’spopular clothing chains appeal to teenagers, who can be counted upon to change their tastes every 30 days.
20. There is going to be sufficient time for people to assess whether or not we have made the right decision in this time of urgency.
Vocabulary and Structure
1. The new automobile factory is expected to assemble around 30,000 to 50,000 vehicles annually in the first heree years.
2. Within the foreseeable future there may be a major extinction of species,involving from one-third to two-thirds of all the species now in existence.
3. Before long we arrived in a more urban area,where Jim took me to a place called Boston Market.
4. However urgent the situation may be,you will need to make one change at a time, and then move on.
5. People who walk on the grass are liable to a fine of ＄ 5.
6. Never shall I forget the day when I met my wife for the firsr time.
7. Earth is belived to have been hit by an object the size of Mars at some point in the distant past before its surface cooled.
8. The only thing that really matters me is how can I return home whihout a car.
9. It is unacceptable that a person get punished for an uncommitted crime.
10. It was during the morning rush hour when the bomb exploded.
11. The angry old lady didn’t know who to blame for the broken glass.
12. In the Chinese mind the Spring Festival is associated with nice food and new clothes.
13. Mobile phones are proved to interfere with flight instruments and have a negative effect on flight safety.
14. Some governments have forbidden cigarette and alcohol commercials in public places.
15. If you try to sell people something that they used to get for free,they aren’tgoing to buy it.
16. Applicants must show that they have＄10,000 or more available for living ecpenses and approximately ＄10,000 for tuition.
17. The director often says it is difficult to design a program that willmeet the diverse needs of all our users.
18. For all their differences, they are united by the commom desire to transformtheir personal commitment into public leadership.
19. The flooding just ending was exceptionally severe,causing great hardship to the people in the area near the river.
20. The destruction of these historic buildings was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could make up for.