Part IV Translation
Part A Translate the following sentences into English
He tries to marry domestic manufacturers with foreign buyers.
After financial scandals. many companies can only resort to charity activities to improve their corporate image.
One of the major banks has lowered its interest rate and the other bank is expected to follow suit.
The local authorities response to the crisis seemed grossly inconsistent with its proclaimed commitment to environmental protection.
Hong Kong is widely recognized as one of the freest economies in the world and the gateway to the Mainland market.
The Japanese company is unanimous in its support of divestiture since the acquired business unit is destroying the corporate value.
Ever since Goldman Sachs announced its plan to recruit 1500 new employees in Greater China. Applications flooded into its HR office.
On Tuesday. It was widely rumored that US Federal Reserve would probably decrease interest rate again to relieve strike of sharp stock slump to economy.
China has little to gain from a dollar crash , not least because that would make its exports much less competitive in America.
With development of the computer technology and wide use of the Internet ,computer virus has become rampant, posing a severe threat to information security on the Internet.
He sat down and fired off a furious letter to the Indian government, describing a radical change of the US policy towards textile imports.
Networks fundamentally alter the nature of competition and level the playing field especially for smaller business regardless of the barriers like time and distance.
Rumors about redundancy make the company at its worst in terms of morale ever since its foundation.
As a CEO with more than 15 years of working experience his judgment in this matter was by no means infallible.
The government had intended to limit the wage increase of all workers to a reasonable amount. but several trade unions stole a march on them by receiving large increases before the new laws came into effect.
Before the bilateral free-trade agreement these two countries reached in 2007,their strategic sectors, such as cotton and woolen electronics, mining, car producing. etc.
With the reform of the wholly state-owned commercial banks, when some qualified commercial banks seek listing in the stock market, others certainly will follow suit.
18. 作为这家企业的隐名合伙人（sleeping partner）,他有权分利利润，但无权参加企业的管理。
As a sleeping partner of the enterprise, he is entitled to share the profits, but is deprived of participating in its management.
We will put in place a new order of the socialist market economy through completing the market system and rectifying and regulating the marker behavior.
The current low inflation and steady growth in household income will translate into more purchasing power.
This renowned economist proposed that the Finnish government set up a sovereign wealth fund, modeled on China Investment Corp(CIC).
The government had intended to limit the wage increase of all workers to a reasonable amount, but several trade unions stole a march on them by receiving large increases before the new laws came into effect.
In the future, in addition to syndicating our groups efforts. We will ally with foreign companies to leverage advantages and enhance global competitiveness.
In his speech, the newly-appointed chairman of the committee warned banks and other financial institutions against over speculation and reckless lending.
The existing legal framework in Russia guarantees private property rights for citizens as well as the rights of foreign entities to purchase and sell businesses within the country.
Part B Translate the following passage into Chinese
1. Success or failure of an acquisition is the result of a combination of several factors rather than being unidimensional .Thus Business Week’s study……..
2. Until the mid 1980s,Sweden’s approach to direct from abroad was quite restrictive and governed by a complex system of laws an regulations………….
3. Ultimately, Google must grapple with essential paradox it embodies. As a corporation, it’s often a cipher, its intentions and methods concealed by algorithms that look impenetrable and impersonal……….
4. So will the EU-China summit be a success? That. Of course .depends on how participants define success. But EU negotiators probably will return home with minor results at best……
5. Being a partnership confers some advantages. It is not just that a large number of senior people are available to help train and encourage junior ones-what Deloitte……….
Part I . 阅读，判断对错， Choose(T) or (F) on the answer sheet below.
《NO Country Is an Island》
Japan is reluctantly embracing globalization
1. Throughout its history Japan has oscillated between openness to foreign ideas and fierce isolationism.(2---------8 ,How to go global 9 ……14,….Come in, gaijin15……20…
Under new management ……22)
1. ( F) Japanese drug companies are strong enough to survive competition even if protectionist…..
2. (T) Toshiba achieved global scale through domestic and foreign acquisitions.
3. (F) Japan has actively participated in cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
4. ( T) Japanese government put in place regulations to protest growing domestic industries ……
5. ( T) The Capability of innovation for Japanese firms has weakened because of insufficient ……
6. ( F) Foreign affiliates are inferior to Japanese local firms in profitability capital investment……
7. ( F) Japanese firms avoid alliances because they may cause indignity.
8.(T)Japanese electronic firms have taken a cautious approach to outsourcing.
9. ( T) Many Japanese companies might benefit from borrowing and learning foreign………]
10. (F) Starbucks introduces bus-stop advertising after an old rule banning roadside…….
《Accounting for Good People》
1. BEING interesting can be overrated. Accountants became suddenly intriguing in 2002 with the spectacular collapse of Arthur Andersen, because of its involvement in the scandals surrounding the fall of Enron ( ……5…Staff demands …6….9..Across borders…17…Scoring skills…..22 More room at the top…..27)
1. (F) Collectively employing some 500000people around the world, the big four……….
2. (T) Due to the importance of their human assets, the accountancy firms are taking ……
3. (F) In an era of job-hopping and a scarcity of skills. The accountancy firms ………
4. (T) A major problem associated with bringing in outsiders as partners to make up……
5. (T) Mobility is useful way to retain and help employees for new graduates.
6. (T) Unlike what they did in the past, the Big Four accountancy firms are seriously…….
7. (F) Due to the lack of qualified or promising employees, the Big Four accountancy firms all…..
8. (F) Cynics are sure that expansion in the fast-growing advisory businesses will make……
9. (F) Practically everyone can be a partner as long as they work hard enough in the accountancy firms.
10. (T) High staff turnover rate is always associated with accountancy, when many employees……
《The Dilemma of Creative Advertising》
Marketing people. As everyone else, have a sincere and understandable interest in observing the effects of their own activities (…… No Gimmicks……Common occurrence……Familiarity Principle …….Copy and Flexibility …Advertiser’